Is scrapbooking becoming stale to you?
Maybe you haven't scrapped in a while and can't get motivated to get back into it.
What you need is a Scrapbook Challenge!
Numerous companies host challenges on their forums or blogs. You needn't look far to find one. In fact, you can go to Google and type in "scrapbook challenges" and get more hits than you know what to do with!
When deciding to participate in a challenge, decide what it is you're trying to get out of it. By this I mean,
1) Are you tired of all the scrapbook stuff you have lying around? Find a stash-only challenge where you can only use products you already have on hand.
2) Just bored with scrapbooking? Find a challenge that does just that - challenges you to scrapbook outside your norm.
3) All scrapped out? Stuck in a rut of scrapbooking the same look over and over again? See #2 and find a challenge that forces you to scrapbook outside the box!
4) Working on an album but finding that you're really scrapbooking the same pages over and over again? Find a challenge that incorporates your album theme and jump on in!
5) Just looking to have some fun? You're in luck because there are plenty of challenges to choose from!
Here are a few of the places where you are bound to find some good challenges:
Craft Gossip - A current compilation of various challenges from around the web.
Hodge Podge Art - A blog that hosts weekly challenges to get you motivated
Scrapbook.com - A huge forum that allows members to host their own challenges.
Two Peas in a Bucket - Another forum with challenges hosted by its members.
The great thing about the member hosted challenges on Scrapbook.com and Two Peas is that if you don't see something that strikes your interest, you can host a challenge yourself!
You can also often times find challenges on your favorite scrapbook company's blog. So if you have a large collection of a particular brand *cough*BoBunny/Fancy Pants*cough* check out any challenges they have going on and participate. They often have prizes for their challenge winners!
So don't be afraid to jump into a challenge and see where it takes your scrapbooking. You may discover new techniques and skills you didn't know about before!