Football Inspired Necklace

Whew! I am in full on party mode as my little guy’s 2nd birthday is next Friday with the party to follow on Saturday. I have frantically been prepping party decorations the last couple of days. I can’t wait to share them all next weekend!

But for now, I am going to share something else fun. Next weekend also marks another big event around here. The start of football season!!
We (meaning me and my side of the family) are HUGE University of Tennessee football fans. Growing up in Knoxville you either loved or loathed football season. Both of my parents are UT alumni. Our blood runs orange!

Case in point, here is my little guy at a mere 17 days old sporting his UT regalia with my dad on a game day.

Anyhoo, while perusing the fabric remnants at my local crafts store one weekend I found a fantastic orange satin, orange tulle, and some white satin. My thoughts immediately went to 2 things:

1) Football season!
2) My mom.

Would this material not be perfect for a fabric flower bib necklace to wear in support of our favorite college team?? Why, yes! Yes it would!

So I got my craft on making rolled roses of varying sizes of the satin materials. I cut squares of the tulle and folded it to look like leaves and placed a few around the edges of the necklace.

And here is the final product that my mom seemed quite happy with! Hurray! Now I may have to make one for myself…  ๐Ÿ™‚
If you’re a fan, happy football season!

Visit thecsiproject.com

Comments

I love this!! We are huge football fans and I love all homemade school spirited gifts and projects!! I wanted you to know I have featured you today!

On the 20th of every month I have a linking party called Gifts From the Heart where you show off your homemade gifts to people. I would love for you to join me!!
    Yay, for football season!!

It would look SO much cuter with a few Gator blue flowers added in as well…but yours is okay I guess :-).

Super cute necklace, even if it’s Vol’s!

Go Gators!! ๐Ÿ™‚ Happy Football Season!

Very cute idea, it turned out great! Can’t wait to see your son’s bday party, bet it will be fab ๐Ÿ™‚

We’d love if you came and linked your project up to our fabric linky party today!

So cute! I love the necklace. I too bleed orange (and just celebrated my little Vol’s 2nd bday) and can not wait until next weekend. I may have make a orange and white bib necklace of my very own. ๐Ÿ™‚ Here’s hoping Coach Dooley can rebuild our team.

okay when I saw this I about died..I live in knoxville..not a vol fan but have lived here my whole life..I have been watching your blog for a few weeks now…How Cool…

This is a GORGEOUS necklace!!! I love that orange satin. And holy cuteness.. that pic of your baby boy with your dad. Too cute! I wouldn’t always think of football and necklaces together… what a fun idea!!

We are huge football fans too!! We are VERY excited that football season is here again! The necklace is adorable! I would need one in red and blue… for my son’s PopWarner team! ๐Ÿ™‚