Hello lovely Scrap Shoppe readers! :) I am Sierra from The Blue Robin Cottage! I am so honored and thrilled Michele invited me to share a homemade Christmas gift with you during her fabulous Homemade Christmas event!
Anthropologie Tea and Crumpets apron. Instead of buying one, I decided to make my own version!
1. First cut out your pieces. My measurements were for my 2 year old daughter so they may differ for your child. I cut out a 7 1/2 by 8 1/2 inches wide square for the top apron piece. The waist piece was 2 1/2 by 10 inches and the bottom apron piece was 11 1/2 by 12 1/2 inches.
2. Take your top apron piece and hem on both sides as well as the top, leaving the bottom raw edge alone.
3. Cut 3 strips of fabric. Hem the sides of the strips and the top for a clean edge.
4. Ruffle your strips of fabric by pushing the strips through your sewing machine faster than it can sew to create nice pleats.
5. Place, pin and sew your ruffles onto your top apron piece.
7. Pin your pipping piece onto the bottom of your top apron piece.
8. Hem your waist piece- I hemmed mine about a 1/2 inch on each side.
10. Attach your second piece of pipping to the bottom half of the waist strip.
11. Pleat the top of your bottom apron piece.
12. Sew the bottom apron piece onto the waist piece.
13. Cut 2, 3 inch strips of fabric for your neck straps, fold in half and press.
14. Sew down the edge, creating a tube and turn inside out. Press.
16. Make your own ruffle or use store bought trim and pin onto the bottom of your apron and sew. Make sure your raw edges match up.
17. Sew a top stitch along the bottom edge to create a nice finished look.
18. For the waist ties, follow the same steps you did on the neck ties but make them longer and as wide as your waist piece. Sew them onto the waist piece and...
You're finished! Phew!
The Blue Robin Cottage. See you soon!
What little girl wouldn't absolutely adore this apron? Thank you so much for sharing this fabulous tutorial, Sierra!