This Baked Sweet Potato Brie Fries recipe is will elevate as an appetizer or side dish!
This recipe has been on my brain to make for months.
Ever since I tried these Bacon & Brie Sweet Potato Skins, I have been dying to try it out in sweet potato french fry form.
Dare I say that these sweet potato brie fries are a tad bit healthier than your average cheese fries??
They are baked, not fried, and using sweet potatoes lowers your total carbohydrate count.
And they still hit that savory sweet spot!
And the brie! Let’s not forget the brie, you guys.
It is SO buttery and delicious!
And pairs amazingly well with sweet potatoes.
Sweet Potato Brie Fries Recipe
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 3-4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 13 oz Brie
- 4 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- Chives, chopped for garnish
- Sour cream
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Wash outside of sweet potatoes leaving skin on or off, whichever is your preference, and cut into rectangular French fry pieces.
- Soak fries in cold water for 5 minutes. Drain water and blot fries dry with a clean towel.
- Place fries in a gallon plastic bag and add olive oil. Seal the bag and toss the fries to thoroughly cover in oil.
- Add flour and salt to bag, seal, and toss again to coat the fries evenly.
- Lay out the fries in a single layer on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Bake for 15 minutes then flip the fries and bake for another 15 minutes. **Bake on the lowest rack in the oven as the tips of sweet potato fries can burn easily.**
- Transfer cooked fries to an Aluminum pie pan or other oven-safe dish. Top with broken bit of Brie.
- Bake in 450 degree oven for 5 minutes (lowest rack) to melt the Brie. Once brie is melted, turn oven to broil (keeping fries on the lowest rack). Brie will begin to bubble. Once it is all bubbled, remove from oven.
- Top with crumbled bacon, chopped chives, a pinch of sea salt, and sour cream. Serve immediately.
But there is ALWAYS the guilt that comes after devouring them.
But not so much with this version.
I feel a lot better about these!
And my kids love them, too!
So I see a lot of these in our future dinners.
They would make a great game day snack, too!
Football season is right around the corner.
These would be perfect to serve up while watching your favorite team play!
>> See where I party! <<