I have 3 relatively quick and simple Valentine’s Day art projects for you today!
Since I don’t decorate much for this lovey dovey holiday, I thought some framed artwork would dress the place up a bit without too much effort.
Let’s get started with some quick tutorials so you can make your own, shall we?
1. DIY Love Birds Printable
This Love Birds printable is easy peasy for you to design and print with your Silhouette software. It requires 3 images and two backgrounds from the Silhouette Image Library. Or you can use your own clipart! I’ve listed the files you need below.
background: pinkhexagon.png (comes with the Silhouette software)
font: Fontaniolo Beveled
Note: there are many chairs, birdcages, and birds to choose from in the software.
You don’t have to use the same ones I did!
– Start by drawing an 8×10 rectangle in your Silhouette software and fill it in with the diamond background. You can adjust the scaling to your liking.
– Open the chair and birdcage images then position and size them as you see fit. Fill each one with the newspaper background, again scaling to your liking.
– Finally, open the bird image and fill it with the pink hexagon background (hint: if you hover your mouse over a background pattern it will tell you the name of the pattern). Position the bird in the birdcage then copy and paste the second bird into the file. Right click on your mouse to flip the 2nd bird image horizontally.
– After lining the birds up in the birdcage, click on the birdcage to highlight it, click the right mouse button and select Bring to Front.
– Type the words “Love Birds” and change the font to the Fontaniolo. Select a color to fill in the letters (I chose one of the gradients). Change the line color to something that will help make the letters stand out against the diamond background, then increase the line thickness to your liking.
Print, trim, and put it in a frame!
I really love how this turned out!! Its kind of a backwards take on the decorating on newsprint or book pages. I added one of my stuffed paper hearts as an extra accent to the frame.
And I love being able to make printables with my Silhouette! 😉
2. 3D Glitter Heart
I picked up these little glitter hearts at JoAnn’s last year on clearance. I recently found this fabulous silver frame at Home Goods and knew these glitter hearts would look super cute in it!
The first thing I did was remove the ribbon from the hearts. It pulled off very easily… along with some of the glitter, but you could only tell from one side of the hearts.
I dug through my scrap paper and found this fun notebook paper. After trimming the paper down to size, I put it in the frame and arranged my hearts in the shape of a heart. Once I was satisfied with their placement, I glued them down with Beacon’s 3-in-1.
And done! Couldn’t be easier right?
I love how the hearts and the frame catch in the light!
Believe it or not, the next project is even simpler!
3. FREE Wuv Printable
The Princess Bride is one of my all time favorite movies. Its a classic in so many ways!
And I think this “wuv” quote is perfect for Valentine’s Day!
I think this is going to be one of those printables that you either love it or not.
I made a little felt flower to decorate my frame, which I also dressed up with a little gold paint.
To download, click the arrow at the bottom of the above image.
The image is 8×10 and can be printed on 8.5×11 cardstock.
Set printer settings to high quality for best results.
So if you’re looking for some quick and easy Valentine decor, I think one or two or all three of these can help you out!
I have started truncating my posts to avoid having my content stolen. I hope you’ll click over to finish reading the post. Thank you for understanding!