Recently my son’s Cub Scout pack participated in our town’s Christmas parade. It was so exciting! All of the parents and kids got together to plan and come up with a theme for our float. We did pretty well: 3rd place in our division! Not too shabby for our first parade. We all pitched it to make various things for the parade.
The back of the float had a giant wreath so I made stocking for all of the boys in the pack to hang on it. And they double as fun mementos the boys can keep afterwards to remind them of their time in the Boy Scouts and being in the parade.
Over at the Expressions Vinyl Facebook Page they are having a rock your stockings contest! People can upload a picture of a stocking they fancied up using vinyl. And they asked some of their favorite bloggers to get the ball rolling with some fun ideas! (You can enter to win a gift card–but I also have a gift card for $100 to Expressions Vinyl at the bottom of this post!)
gold glitter heat transfer
Cub Scout logo SVG file
You can hand make stockings, but I couldn’t resist these little classic felt ones. Especially at $.98 for 4! (Walmart!)
The Boy Scouts website provides free JPG logo images so I simply converted them to a workable file for my Silhouette software, in this case PNG file. I then used the tracing tool to on the PNG image to create an image I could cut with the Silhouette machine. It turned out pretty awesome (if I do say so myself!). The details really pop in the wolf’s face!
If you’re using these same felt stockings, be sure to keep the iron away from the ric rac (it melts, ask me how I know). Also, do not overheat the felt or it will wrinkle up.
The gold looks great on both the red and green stockings. And for the parade, the glitter really made the stockings catch in the light.
The theme of our parade this year was The Songs of Christmas so we did a 12 Days of Scouting theme along with classic Scout themes such as camping and the great outdoors. The boys all made ornaments and paper chains to go on the Christmas tree. The gifts on the sides of the float are tagged with the various Scout laws.
And how about that 3rd place sign?? I’m sure it was the gold glitter Cub Scout stockings that pushed it over the edge (wink, wink).
Here are 18 fun stocking ideas that all have heat transfer vinyl on them!
1. Faux wool sock from Fynes Design
2. Personalized stockings from Maybe I will
3. Gift card holder from 733 blog
4. Customized stocking from Artsy Fartsy mama
5. Stocking tag from Strawberry Mommy Cakes
6. Stocking pillow from One Krieger chick
7. Stocking shirt from Pitter and Glink
8. Stocking banner by Sugar Bee crafts
9. Boy Scout stocking from The Scrap Shoppe
10. No sew stocking update from Holy Craft
11. Personalized Pajamas from Gingersnap Crafts
12. Diy Stockings from Mabey she made it
13. Stocking with car from Kiki Comin
14.Personalized stockings from Craftily ever after
15. Burlap Joy stocking from A girl and a glue gun
16. stocking placecard from Crafting in the rain
17. Scandinavian inspired stocking from Tried and true
18. Cute stocking from Flamingo Toes
Make sure to enter to win $100 gift card to Expressions Vinyl! Good Luck!