Confession: I have a bit of a picky palette. I do not get risky with my foods and don’t enjoy anything super spicy.
So unfortunately many of the traditional New Orleans and Mardi Gras main dish recipes are lost on me. But desserts? I’m all for those! So this round up is dedicated to those deliciously decadent desserts that shine during Mardi Gras. I even have a few yummy drinks at the end for those who prefer to drink their desserts.
So enjoy and try not to drool on your keyboard… 😉
1. Traditional King Cake – Taste of Home
2. Mini King Cake Cookies – Flying on Jess Fuel
3. Mini King Cakes – Eclectic Recipes
4. King Cake with Cream Cheese Filling – Taste of Home
5. Mini King Cupcakes – My Recipes
6. Bananas Foster – Saveur
7. Raisin Bread Pudding with Whiskey Sauce – Better Homes & Gardens
9. Calas Fried Rice Fritters – Epicurious
10. Buttermilk Beignets – Epicurious
11. Pecan Pralines – Laura’s Sweet Spot
12. Mardi Gras Macarons – Sprinkle Bakes
13. Walnut Praline Tarts with Espresso Ice Cream – Los Angeles Times
14. Doberge Cake – Better Homes & Gardens
15. Milk Punch – Babble
16. Hurricanes – Tide & Thymes
17. Cafe Brulot – Better Homes & Gardens
Tuesday 18th of February 2014
Oh good heavens these look amazing!! I can't wait to try a few of these - I think I'm going to start with the Buttermilk Beignets! YUM!