If you find that cute notebooks and note pads are too pricey, try your hand at these DIY trendy spiral note pads.
Give inexpensive spiral note pads a trendy new look by changing out the covers with patterned scrapbook paper!
I love, love, love school supplies.
When I’m done buying everything my kids need for the new school year, I start looking around for things I might want!
And I noticed that all of the fun note pads and note books were so much more pricier than the plain ones.
What a bummer!
But then I thought, why can’t I just get the plain ones, and dress them up myself??
I mean, I do own a TON of pretty patterned scrapbook paper.
Such a steal for what I had planned for them!
And predictably boring on the outside.
Perfect for dressing up!
1) Bind together the pages of the note pad and the back cover with a binder clip. Leave the front cover loose.
2) At the top and bottom of the spiral the wire is bent. Straighten it with a pair of pliers.
3) Wind the spiral out of the note pad.
4) Use the cover as a template to cut scrapbook paper into the same size. I suggest thicker cardstock papers so they will hold up well to use.
5) Bind old cover and new scrapbook paper covers together. Use the old cover as a guide and punch holes for the new note pad covers.
If you have a Crop-a-dile (affiliate link), use the smaller punch and it will go through all of the layers like butter.
Re-thread the spiral back through, bending the ends again with the pliers.
Easy peasy, right??
With the variety of a scrapbook paper available, you can really come up with something for just about any occasion.
>> See where I party! <<
This post was originally shared August, 2015.