***Hi there!! I’m Jen from Tatertots & Jello and I am so excited to be here today!!
I’d love to share my Snow Ball Ornament tutorial with you.
Here’s what you need:
- Clear glass ornaments. You can find these at any craft store.
- “Snow” medium. I used two different kinds. But you only need one for this project. I used Aleene’s True Snow and DecoArt’s Snow-Tex.
- Some sparkly glitter. I love Twinklets Diamond Dust. It’s kind of chunky and looks like ice.
- If you want to make your snow ball into a snowman – then you need some Polymer clay – orange for the nose and black for the eyes.
- Ribbon to loop at the top of the ornament so you can hang it on your tree or garland.
Here’s what I did:
- Paint the ornament with the “snow” medium using a paintbrush.
- While the “snow” is still wet, sprinkle the glitter over the whole ornament. Shake off the excess.
- Let it dry. I punched a hole in the top of a cardboard box and stuck the top in that so the ornament was upside down and could dry.
- If you want to make snowmen, shape your polymer clay into a nose, eyes and mouth. Bake the clay in your oven at 275 for 10-15 minutes.
- Once the ornament is dry, loop some ribbon through the cap on top and tie in a bow.
- If you are making snowmen, attach the eyes, nose and mouth clay bits with an adhesive like e-6000. Let dry.