Best Bobbin Storage {EVER!}

best-bobbin-storageYou guys!! Do you ever have an idea and think it is sheer genius? Then you think about it more and think maybe it’s more of a “duh” moment. That is so me with this bobbin storage idea!

really  wanted to store my bobbins WITH the spools of thread they go with. I purchased one of these wooden spool holders and was going to find a way to rig it to do just that. Then I realized I could store the bobbins under the matching spools.

Genius? Or great big DUH? You can decide for yourself, but the method is spectacular regardless.

bobbin-spool-storageIt’s so simply it’s silly, right? Now I’m off to pat myself on the back and see what other genius (or duh!) ideas I can come up with.

How do you store your bobbins??

Tatertots & Jello, Serenity Now, and other great parties found on my party page.
siggie
Don’t miss
20 Thread & Bobbin Storage Ideas

Comments

Great idea – now to move all my bobbins to a storage like this and get rid of all those boxes. Thank you for sharing at Share It One More Time. Cathy

I like the way you think. I don’t have nearly as many colors of thread as you do, but I do something very similar. Instead of storing my bobbins under the thread they match, I store 2-3 bobbins of each color on the wodden spool behind the thread that they match. Since I have more than one bobbin wound, this also keeps me from running out mid project.

I think this is genius and so so easy! Since our crafts room isn’t really where it needs to be, though it’s functional, I don’t have “fancy” things to organize with just yet. BUT, I do keep the bobbins and the spools they go with in a random container and nothing goes in there except the bobbins and spools. I like your idea so much better! And, it’s actually prettier, too! 🙂

This is so clever! I’m working on getting my sewing room organized and will be implementing this system for my thread and bobbins. I would love for you to link up at the Stitch It, Blog It, Share It Link Party going on now at behindtheseamssewing.com.
    ~Bonnie

i think this was an ah-hah moment. I can’t believe how simple this is and yet I haven’t done it myself. Thanks so much for making my life easier and sharing this with Share It One More Time. Cathy

Clever and efficient. Love it. I keep my spool and matching full bobbins in little bags in my sewing basket. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop. xo

Definitely genius! Functional and required little effort. My kind of idea. I found you on the live laugh linky party. Thanks for sharing your great idea!

8. Christina says

Omg. What a brilliant and simple idea. I have had one of these for years and have been purchasing Bobbin Mates all thus time. Ugh thanks for the great idea.

Trackbacks