hips in bulk so you can upcycle the containers for better craft room organization.
Baker’s twine is all the rage right now, and I have to admit I’ve started my own little collection!
My problem was trying to figure out how to store it.
I wanted something that made it easy to access but wouldn’t be in my way.
Here’s the twine storage I came up with!
Twine Storage: Potato Chip Containers
Have you seen those cute little grab & go Pringles containers?
Not only are they only $1 each, they are the perfect size to stash in my desk at work.
But do you know what they have in common with twine?
They are roughly the same size!
Perfect for storing my twine!
First things first, in order to feel comfortable putting my twine in the Pringles containers I washed them thoroughly.
Twine Storage: Altering Chip Containers
1. Using a Dremel, I drilled small holes in the center of the lids. You can sand the edges if you think they are too rough and may snag your twine.
2. Cover the containers with some fun scrapbook paper using Mod Podge.
3. If you’re concerned about residual oil from the potato chips that might not have gotten washed out, line the interior of the container with freezer or wax paper.
4. Drop your twines into the containers and thread the twine through the holes in the lid.
5. To keep my containers together, I tied a wide black ribbon around them.
The twine can be stored on its side or upright, however you prefer.
The lids snap on fairly tightly so they aren’t going to pop off when you pull on the twine.
And the twine itself is heavy enough that you won’t be dragging the containers around as you pull on the twine.
This twine storage is easy peasy and cute to boot!
>> See where I party! <<
Thursday 9th of March 2017
Great idea. Thank you so much for sharing. Now I can save more things. Thanks again.
Monday 15th of February 2016
What a great idea! I hate to throw anything out. Now I can save all those Pringle cans and share with my friends. Thanks!
Maria de Lourdes
Monday 4th of February 2013
Uma grande ideia ! Gostei muito,e vou fazer assim que arrumar latas.
Friday 25th of January 2013
How cute! I love this idea... =)
4 You With Love
Monday 24th of September 2012
Great post! Just gave you a shout out!