The party is over and we have our winners! Click here to see who won!
Who’s ready to celebrate with me? 100 blog followers!! Yeah!
We’re going to start the party off with a quick tutorial for making fabric flower necklaces.
Then let’s get started!
You will need to make however many rolled roses you want to use in the necklace. I’m going to use three.
If you don’t know how to make rolled roses, Portabello Pixie has a great tutorial here.
Stitch the flowers together. Be sure and stitch up the sides between the flowers, too. We don’t want any flopping around!
Don’t worry if it looks messy. We’ll cover that up later!
Here are my three flowers stitched together. Go ahead and add any pearls or buttons to the flowers. You can stitch them on or attach them with glue.
Turn your necklace back over to the back and cut a piece of similarly colored strip of felt that would be able to completely cover the back.
Stitch or glue the felt to the back of the flowers.
Trim off any excess felt.
Add the necessary hardware to your necklace. You can use beads, chain, ribbon, or whatever else you come up with to make the flowers into a necklace.
Viola! A unique piece of jewelry!
Okay, on with the party!
To celebrate this milestone of the blog we’re going to play a little game.
And we’re going to have 2 winners!
For the first part of the game:
1. Leave a comment telling me how many fabric flowers you think I have been hoarding in this glass jar. The first one to guess the correct number wins!
ONE GUESS PER PERSON! Only your first guess will count if you guess more than once.
The winner who guesses the correct number will receive this:
I’m infatuated with the fabric used in the middle rolled rose. Its a fun turquoise, cream, and brown. Love it!
This necklace ties on with a sheer brown ribbon so you can adjust it to any length you like.
To be in the running for the 2nd winner:
1. Become a follower of The Scrap Shoppe Blog and leave a comment that you’re a follower or are already a follower.
2. Tweet about this giveaway and leave a comment here that you tweeted. Click here to tweet now!
*** Leave separate comments for each of the above actions to increase your chances of winning!
The second winner will get to pick a flower from the jar AND choose a digital download from my Etsy store
(including the cupcake toppers
I showed off last weekend!).
I can put the flower you choose on a small alligator clip, pinback, bobby pin, or leave it as is with just the felt backing.
Things to know
1. The giveaway will close on Saturday, April 24, 2010 at midnight EST (any entries after that will not be considered).
2. The second winner will be randomly chosen using the random number generator from random.org.
3. The winner will be announced next Sunday, April 25th. If I don’t hear from the winners within a week, new winners will be chosen.
Thanks for partying with me!
I have started truncating my posts to avoid having my content stolen. I hope you’ll click over to finish reading the post. Thank you for understanding!