Now is the time of year we invite friends and family over for fellowship and celebration. Is your home holiday ready this season? I have teamed up with Havertys to provide you with several ideas you can use to make sure your home is ready for guests as well as a couple of tips to make them feel welcome while they are there.
I have created a holiday entertaining checklist to help you remember key tips to inviting friends and family into your home this season. You can download the PDF file for the checklist to keep on hand for your next shindig.
Holiday Entertaining Checklist
1. Greet your guests as they arrive and mingle during the party so your guests feel welcome. You may be inclined to stay close to a friend or specific family member during your celebration, but mingling with all of your party goers will let them know you are truly glad they are there.
2. Create an inviting atmosphere with flowers or scented candles and warm lighting. A bouquet of flowers is a simple way to brighten up a room. Lighting scented candles are a great way to bring specific scents into the home as well as creating a warm glow.
3. Provide beverages and appetizers. Not only with this satiate your guests’ appetites, but unique drinks and dishes are great conversation starters. You can find a lot of great party recipes on the web.
4. Keep your decor and furniture true to yourself. Not only will you be more comfortable, but your guests will, too. There is no need to go all out in formality when it comes to your home. You want people to feel welcome and if you are fretting over things being sat on or broken, no one will be having a good time.
5. Take time to say goodbye to each guest as they depart. Acknowledge your guests departures and let them know you were glad them came.
With these tips your guests will hopefully be talking about what a great shindig you threw for weeks!
I have started a holiday entertaining Pinterest board to gather ideas for a festive friendly party. It includes unique party recipes, comfortable seating, and fun holiday decor. These ideas incorporate beautifully with the holiday entertaining checklist. And did you know you can find a lot of these items at Havertys? Not only will you find a large assortment of furniture, but other items to accessorize your home such as rugs, lamps, wall decor, and even beautiful botanicals as well. You can be holiday-ready in one shopping trip!
For even more holiday decorating ideas be sure to visit Havertys on Pinterest.
Other ways to keep up with Havertys
Whether you are looking for the perfect couch or an accent piece to tie the whole room together, Havertys has everything you need to prepare your home for guests this holiday season!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Havertys. The opinions and text are all mine.