If your kids are itching to believe in leprechauns, try these fun ideas for leprechaun mischief you can do around the house!
This post contains affiliate links.
That has changed a bit this year.
My 5 year old is suddenly interested in finding himself a leprechaun!
Apparently some of the boys’ blocks went missing recently and a leprechaun caught the blame.
Nevermind that one of the boys most likely didn’t put them away properly.
Since then, the hunt has been on to find out what other mischief the little guy has been into.
If you’re into encouraging the little trickster, like I am, then here are a few ideas for leprechaun mischief that he can take the blame for!
These are all kid friendly and fairly easy to do.
12 Fun Ideas for Leprechaun Mischief
1. Replace shoelaces with green shoelaces.
2. Dye the milk green.
4. Make leprechaun footprints around the house with washable finger paint.
5. Swap the bag of cereal in the Cheerios box with a bag of Lucky Charms.
6. Tattoo the kids with St. Patrick’s Day tattoos while they sleep (if they are heavy sleepers).
7. Sprinkle a gold glitter trail around where the leprechaun has been.
8. Turn the tap water green by inserting a color tablet in the faucet.
9. Replace the house plants with clover plants.
10. DIY a miniature leprechaun door.
11. Use glass markers to draw a rainbow on the windows or glass door.
12. Make rainbow Jello for kids to find in the fridge.
And my absolute favorite (and mine are absolutely obsessed with this one):
13. Leave a string light fuse from a set of Christmas lights where the kids can find it.
Mine had no idea what it was, and I told them is was a Leprechaun’s flashlight, and he must have left it behind when he visited.
Let me know which of the ideas for leprechaun mischief you’ve tried!
>> See where I party! <<
This post was originally shared March 2014.