- 1 cup water
- 1 oz. unflavored gelatin
- 1 oz. flavored Jello
- 1/4 tsp Kool-Aid
- In a small saucepan, heat 1 cup of water on low heat.
- Mix gelatin, Jello, and Kool-Aid in a small bowl.
- Add gelatin mix slowly to water while stirring. Slowly bring mixture to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Boil for 3 minutes then pour in mold.
- Place in the freezer overnight.
- Thaw, then serve immediately or place in an airtight container in the fridge.
Gummies will be good for ~10 days.
I’ve got a few tips for you to achieve the PERFECT gummy!
- Bringing the gelatin mixture to a bowl slowly is a MUST! Be patient so that everything thing has a chance to dissolve.
- Speaking of dissolve, try not to get distracted while making the gummies. Stirring frequently is important to make sure that the gelatin doesn’t try to harden in the saucepan.
- Transfer the boiled gelatin solution to a measuring cup for pouring. It makes the process of filling the mold easy peasy.
- If you are using a silicone mold you should not need to spray them with cooking spray before use. The gummies should easily pop out after thawing from being in the freezer.
- After pouring the gelatin solution into the molds, allow them to cool on the counter for ~1 hour. This will
allow the gelatin to start to set so that when you transfer the molds to the freezer you won’t risk the solution spilling out.
- Got bubbles? Most bubbles should disappear on their own, but you can use a paper towel to wick up bubbles for those stubborn ones that don’t want to pop. Be sure to pour the gelatin solution slowly into the molds to prevent bubbles from forming at the bottom of the mold.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
>> See where I party! <<