Baby Shower & Free Printable

As if December wasn’t busy enough getting ready for Christmas, I also co-hosted a
jungled-themed baby shower for my sister-in-law!
It has been so fun being pregnant at the same time as her. She’s due about a month before me, and expecting a little boy, too!
Luckily for this shower, there was another super crafty lady, Tracey, involved who made some super cute projects.

She created this absolutely amazing diaper cake and decorated a basket full of party favors.
So cute!

I made a tower of “cupcakes” from baby washcloths and diapers.

These were super simple to make. I wrapped them with felt and decorative ribbon.
(You can find the tutorial for making the diaper cupcakes here!
My absolute most favorite thing I made for the shower was this little frame!
The frame itself is from Hobby Lobby. I inked it up with some brown distress ink to make the flourishes a little bolder and added the blue lace. The phrase I printed on some patterned scrapbook paper.
I think I’m going to make another one of these for my nursery!
Click the down arrow in the above box to download an 8×10 JPG version of of the phrase.
The text is in brown and can easily be used for a boy or girl’s room by printing it on blue or pink paper.

I decorated some extra large clothepins with giraffe print ribbon and wooden animal figures. We used these to hold some cardboard baby signs.

I made some larger cupcakes out of burp cloths and felt. They acted as centerpieces on the tables and were used as weights to hold down balloons.

A diaper wreath (inspired by Erin’s at Crafts & Sutch!)

Some altered baby boy garland we hung from the gift table. I substituted some of the clothing items with jungle animals I made using my Silhouette.
One of the games we played was writing down words of wisdom for the soon to be mommy. I made her a little album to put all of her “wisdom” in. We did this game early on during the shower so I was able to put the little cards of wisdom into the book for her before the end of the shower.

And, of course, there had to be a belly picture. I think my sis definitely has me beat in size!
But then again, she is due a month before me.
And I feel like I am way bigger than this now and its only a month later!

Comments

What a cute shower…love the decorations…those washcloth cupcakes – too cute! Keep Calm and Baby on! I needed that reminder when I had a new born.

what an adorable party it must have been with all of the fabulous decorations. I’m with Paula, you are sooo going to have to do a tutorial ’cause I’ve got a baby coming home from the hospital to plan and would love to know how to make the Mama’s favorite cupcakes!

Thanks for sharing, you look amazing!
    xoxo,
    Ellen

Everything is soooooo cute! I have a baby shower to plan for in Feb, and I’m gathering cute ideas. Tute please on the cupcake tower.
    Thanks!
    Desi

Amazing décor! I recently had a baby shower too that my Mom put on for me and she made a diaper cake. Those are the cutest…I love the cupcakes too…and the frame is great! Congrat’s to you and your sis!

Couldn’t get much cuter then Keep Calm and Baby On-absolutely love this one-you two look fab-very creative baby shower-best of luck to the both of you!!

What an incredibly cute baby shower! Yes, I would love a tutorial on the “cupcakes” ;) How did I miss that you are pregnant also? Or, did I just forget? LOL Congratulations to both of you. You look fabulous!

What a cute shower! I especially love the washcloth cupcakes, very creative.
    Thanks for the printable! I am expecting our third little one in March and your “keep calm” will be a subtle reminder not to stress over the little things.

Wow!! This is a seriously impressive baby shower!!! I love everything – especially your little cupcakes and the sign. That frame is so cute!
    And so is your picture at the end – I actually said, “Awwwwww.” Hubby thinks I’m a kook.

Oh my goodness! So much craftiness going on! Everything is so put together with such attention to detail! Just how I love it! I adore the printable and I appreciate the link love! :) Aren’t those diaper wreaths so fun?!

P.S. I’m LOVING those little cupcakes! Too cute! You need to do a little tut on those!

Such a cute shower. You and your sister look great. I love the framed sign. So cute. Wish I knew someone that was having a baby…..wait I do.