DIY Trendy Spiral Note Pads

DIY Trendy Spiral Note PadsI have a super fun upcycle project for you guys today: Give inexpensive spiral note pads a trendy new look by changing out the covers with patterned scrapbook paper!

I love, love, love school supplies. When I’m done buying everything my kids need for the new school year, I start looking around for things I might want! And I noticed that all of the fun note pads and note books were so much more pricier than the plain ones. What a bummer! But then I thought, why can’t I just get the plain ones, and dress them up myself??

DIY Trendy Spiral Note PadsI found a pack of small spiral note pads at Staples for just a couple of dollars. Such a steal for what I had planned for them!

DIY Trendy Spiral Note Pads
To remove the cover of the note pad you need to:

1) Bind together the pages of the note pad and the back cover with a binder clip. Leave the front cover loose.

2) At the top and bottom of the spiral the wire is bent. Straighten it with a pair of pliers.

3) Wind the spiral out of the note pad.

4) Use the cover as a template to cut scrapbook paper into the same size. I suggest thicker cardstock papers so they will hold up well to use.

5) Bind old cover and new scrapbook paper covers together. Use the old cover as a guide and punch holes for the new note pad covers. If you have a Crop-a-dile, use the smaller punch and it will go through all of the layers like butter.

DIY Trendy Spiral Note PadsPlace the new cover on each note pad and re-thread the spiral back through, bending the ends again with the pliers. Easy peasy, right??

DIY Trendy Spiral Note PadsI think these would make great back to school gifts, teacher gifts, and even stocking stuffers!

With the variety of a scrapbook paper available, you can really come up with something for just about any occasion.

Tatertots & Jello, Serenity Now, and other great parties found on my party page.

I’m dropping by from the Ginger Snap Crafts link party. I absolutely LOVE this idea! I use little notebooks all the time. Sometimes I can’t find a color that I like — now I can give it a snazzy, beautiful cover. Thanks so much for sharing this!

I have a link party that I am trying to grow. I invite you to share this ideas (and a couple of other ones) at my Grandma Ideas Sharing Time link party at My readers would love this idea as much as I do!

My link party goes from Wednesday through Friday night at midnight Mountain Daylight Time. I hope that you will be able to make it.

All the best,

Such a fun & pretty idea! Thanks for sharing – looks simple & straightforward enough for even the less-crafty of us to be able to do it 🙂

wow, this is suuuuuch a wonderful idea. You’re brilliant! You could even design your own on like, CanVa or PicMonkey with a nice quote or something and print it onto fun paper. I think this is the sweetest idea!

Stephanie @

PS: Thanks for sharing this over on the Ladies Collective Linkup! Hope to see you back again this week 🙂

So cute! You are so talented. Thanks for sharing this at our party. Pinned and tweeted. I hope to see you on Monday at 7 pm, so we get to party with you again! Lou Lou Girls

I love your idea, Im a note book hound and this is a great way to have something unique and different and heaven knows, I have plenty of paper to use for the covers.

Thanks for sharing on the Oh My Heartsie Girls WW this week.

Now I would like to invite you to party again on Friday Feature-Linky-Party this week, hope you would like to stop by and add other links.
    Have a great weekend, Karren

What an easy and creative idea! Usually the cute notebooks cost so much more so I don’t like to spend the extra money. I need to try your idea instead! Thanks for sharing your fabulous ideas with Share The Wealth Sunday!

Adorable, I’m a notebook, pen, and planner addict. I love this idea to spruce up boring covers! Thanks for sharing with Small Victories Sunday Linkup. Pinning to our linkup board and hope you found some great posts to visit this week!

I am always trying to find cute notebooks to keep in my purse for jotting down inspiration when it strikes. Now I can make my own, thanks!

These are soooo sweet! I think I could go crazy making these lol. My Mom loves to write and is always needing more notebooks. This will be perfect for her upcoming birthday! Cheers! (ps found you via The Chicken Chick)