Even Mason jars can be patriotic. Just add vinyl!
This post contains affiliate links. This post was originally shared June, 2016.
I teamed up with some super crafty bloggers to share 15 red, white, and blue patriotic projects with you all! They all use vinyl in some form or fashion, some heat transfer and some adhesive vinyl., all of which can be found at Expressions Vinyl!
But first let’s take a look at mine…
When I think of celebrating the 4th of July, of course my thoughts immediately go to all things red, white, and blue. But I also think about things that have an “All American” feel to them like baseball, cookouts, and Mason jars. Yes, Mason jars! People in the USA love their Mason jars! So it seemed only natural to make a fun patriotic sign in their image. Plus I love to decorate with the red, white, and blue all summer long so this project is perfect for summer decorating.
Silver Metallic vinyl
Hot glue gun
Turn the jar upside down and use an X-acto knife to roughly cut out the interior portion of vinyl. You can save it for a future project.
Use a piece of sandpaper or a sanding tool to carefully trim edges of vinyl to fit the jar shape both on the inside and the outside of the frame.
Optional: To emphasize the look of the lid, use a ruler and an embosser stylus to lightly draw lines on the vinyl that you would see on an actual Mason jar lid.
Design the message in your cutting software. For me that is the Silhouette. The lace pattern is something I downloaded from the Silhouette Design Store called simply “lace border.” Cut out the message and pattern.
Trim cardstock to fit the opening.
Set up the design on transfer paper prior to applying to the cardstock if you need to. My need for symmetry required it for me! Once the vinyl is on the cardstock it won’t come back up easily.
Tape the cardstock behind the opening.
Tie a small bow out of the ribbon and hot glue to top of ribbon strip.
- Patriotic shirt by Pitter and Glink
- Treat boxes from a Kailo Chic Life
- Wall art from Sweet Rose Studio
- Easy Diy shirt from A Crafted Sparrow
- Star vinyl sign from Crafting in the Rain
- America Pillow from Kiki & Company
- Land that I love from 733 blog
- 4th of July Smores kit from A Pumpkin and a Princess
- Firework Tank from Artsy Fartsy Mama
- Festive Popsicle bucket from Doodlecraft
- Polka Dot Mason Jar from The Scrap Shoppe
- Little Sparkler shirt from Made to be a Momma
- Star Confetti Balloons from Sugar Bee Crafts
- Embroidery Hoop America from A Girl and a Glue Gun
- Suspender onesie from Silhouette School
>> See where I party! <<