For the ultimate southern treat, you cannot go wrong with these savory southern style loaded potato skins.
I was inspired to make it from the potato skins recipe I shared on Tried it Tuesday a while back.
The “loaded” part of this recipe turns it from an appetizer to a main dish.
I never know how my kids will react to a new recipe.
Whether they like potato skins varies on a given day.
Let me just tell you… they devoured these loaded potato skins.
They could not get enough!
So I think it’s pretty safe to say these are getting added to our family menu plan.
When it comes to pulled pork, I typically purchase a frozen container that our grocery store carries from a local restaurant.
You just defrost and eat.
It is SO good! And, of course, could not be easier to prepare.
To make your own pulled pork, it’s as simple as placing a pork shoulder and water in your slow cooker to simmer for the day.
By the time you’re ready to prepare dinner, the pork will be ready to use.
- 4 russet potatoes
- 1 lb pulled pork, cooked
- 5 strips of bacon
- 1 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped
- bbq sauce
- Prepare and bake potatoes according to recipe from Simply Recipes.
- While potatoes are baking cook bacon then crumble when cool.
- Once potato skins are baked on both sides, fill with pulled pork. Top with cheese and bacon and broil 2 minutes in the oven.
- Top potatoes with preferred bbq sauce and green onions.
I hope your family enjoys these as much as mine did!
Let me know if you try the recipe!
I would love some feedback or variation ideas.
>> See where I party! <<