Dress up Mason jars with pretty patterned duct tape and fill with a yummy treat to give your Valentine!
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, but there’s no need to stress on what to give anyone. All you need are some empty Mason jars, Duct Tape, and your Valentines’ favorite tasty treats or toys. These Valentine Mason Jars are decorated with Duct Tape and can be filled with anything from balls of bubblegum for your teenage Valentine to brand new crayons for your smallest Valentine. I’m sure you can even find some special chocolates to fill them with for your adult Valentine!
I love these smooth-sided Mason jars! Coming it at just over a $1 a piece they are super affordable and great for decorating. And I also love that they came with chalkboard lids.
This Duct Tape came as a 4-pack of smaller rolls, and these colors are perfect for Valentine’s Day.
1. Wrap the center of the Mason jar with Duct Tape. To make the ruffles for the bow, 1) Take a 2″ strip of Duct Tape and cover the back with a 1″ strip of tape, back sides together and slightly off center. 2) Fold over, leaving some of the sticky back exposed. The smaller piece of tape on the larger will help keep the ruffle open instead of sticking together.
2. Make 6 ruffles total, 3 for each side of the bow. Place on the tape wrapped around the jar, overlapping slightly.
3. Create the ends of the bows by cutting two 6″ strips. Fold each strip over on itself, sticky sides together, leaving ~1/2″ of the sticky side exposed.
4. Trim the ends to an inverted V. Fold the sticky end sideways on itself to create a bubble. Place between the ruffles.
5. To create the center of the bow, cut a 4″ strip of tape and fold it over on itself, sticky sides together, leaving ~1/4″ of sticky side exposed. Roll into a cylinder. Place some rolled tape, sticky side out, on the back.
6. Attach center to bow.
This decorated Mason jar is much simpler to make. Simply wrap the jar with a strip of tape. Fold a long string of tape over on itself, sticky sides together, and cut out some hearts on it. The tape is much easier to cut with the sticky sides together. Attach hearts to the tape on the jar by rolling pieces of Duct Tape sticky side out to back of hearts.
Cure the chalkboard lids by rubbing all over with chalk then wipe off. Write your sentiment.
Have fun creating as many of these as you need for all of your Valentines!